Thursday, June 12, 2008

hmm. I went in to work at 12 today, and will leave the office at 8. talk about a skewered day. I am having a harder time than I thought with this whole working under my own supervision thing. although I do get things done beter in the afternoon. I feel like I'm going to turn into a version of dad with this blog idea, talking about work all the time. It's pretty much all I do right now. I'm redecorating my office... there's an ugly mural on one wall I can't get rid of so I am trying to work with it. I had my first rude phone call today, actually the person sounded more paranoid than rude, and reaallly didn't want to leave a message.
there should be more updates soon. saturday we're going hicking and then barbaquing, apparantly m's family gave her some venison and we're all doomed to eat it. I'm seeing that I am much more of a chicken type of girl. One of my life goals is still to raise, kill, butcher (do you butcher chickens?) and prepare a chicken. cause then I wouldn't feel so guilty about eating all this meat. Don't try to figure out the logic in that one.
I'm reading Kierkegaard now. Fear and Trembling, which is about Abraham so far and the mystery of it. It's a great book, since I am so used to seeing abraham as a 2-d caracter on the sunday school flanel board. ( I don't think people should knock the flanelgraph so much, it's a pretty wicked storytelling tool) and Kierkegaard paints him in somany different lights.
Well tonight I am going to go home and clean the living room and start some laundry.
If you could think to pray... the temporary roommate we had for the summer decided to move out quite unexpected and so we will need to find a replacement pronto. this is all happening while we are talking about trusting God more in church, so I see the application quite clearly, it's just a little daunting to think of 4 girls living together quite happily. We've all been very happy with each other this last year, so adding a new person to the mix, again is just a little haggarding to the mind.
Anyways.. oh. I went for a run the other day, and it was BEEEutifull. I love the sound of my lungs trying to commite mutany and suicide at the same time... sadistic, I know, but hey! it's good for you.
Except for the truck that decided to park straight across the road, forcing me to run straight up the hill to get around him. 30 meters almost vertical is enough to make the ironman wish for death by fish slaps..
anyways, more when there is more, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home