Monday, June 16, 2008

frustration with suburban stereotypes is setting in. I've spent the day mostly in placating our temporary landlord, and in vieuwing other houses. We are trying to move, since the appartment is pretty cramped and we have an opertunity now with our lease up and some breathing space.
It's amazing what talking can do. everyone we've met face to face has really loved us ( including our current landlord, who slipped into sports annecdotes within minutes) but people don't like the abstract mathmatics of the situation. It's 4 girls ( although we are calling ourselves professional women now, since that seems to make things look better)
I mean, for crying out loud, all we want is a house and a garden to putter in, a kitchen to cook in and a living room to read in. As for me personally, I've gotten to the point where I've decided that if I can't have a family, I can at least have the house and the kitchen set and the little homey touches like a garden and a reading nook. I want some stability in my life at this point. to much change is a bad thing, even though I love seeing things and traveling.
I feel the need to be responsible and to settle down to some degree.
Anyways. the house hunt continues. Right now we're looking at a gorgeous two story 3 bedroom wood burning stove and covered porch beauty that makes me want to cry.
And in my head I keep saying, "I will not want it. I will not want it" but I do. I really do. I would have wished that it was something I could share with my husband and our large troupe of adopted ragamuffins, but as it is, I will share it with my wonderful roommates who are all passionate and amazing women from whom I learn allot. It's not a bad trade off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I hope you end up with that house. It does sound beautiful!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home