Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The corset

Bright red it circles, like a serpent, around my waist
It encloses, tail in mouth, the center-self of me
It sets a boundary line, this far and not one breath
(Bursting bounds)
Further.
It rams me up, straight as a rod
Forces posture upright,
Smiling, smiling, upright
It delineates,
It defines me,
It silhouettes me up against the light
It emphasizes hips-waist-chest, cinched tight,
It validates my Eve-ness
Hard against my softness
Unyielding to my skin.
A red fist wrapped around the trembling soul of me.
Pain provides definition,
Uncomfortable dilemma:
To live unformed and free, a huge amoeba floating,
Weight-of-world discarding
Or to live looking full (outward-beauty)…

I look damned good in a corset.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo this is an awesome poem..... I really enjoyed it ...

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home