Thursday, July 10, 2008

I am so absolutly stoked at this point. Yes, I use that word with care. As in the stoking of a railroad engine, burn those flames HIGHER! Adrenaline and nostalgia and a wiff of some strange strain of home sickness are making me slightly lightheaded as I throw back my inner head as it is proppeled at giddy speeds through the inner landscape of my excitement.
I am going to see one of my closest friends, my sister who never quite moved in with us.
I havn't seen her in three years, in which time she has married a childhood friend. I missed her wedding, because it was a few days after my sisters and I was a broke college student. Paltry exuses now, I know.
I didn't know I had so many memories connected to her, and they are all flooding back. back. back. And oh! the smell of burning in the air.
My eyes and nose are burning, paradoxically with water. I am crying.
I am excited. I am ... so very blessed at this moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Where are you going?

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home