Monday, May 25, 2009

Paris 2

So I just got back from my second weekend in paris. D and I had made vacation plans, only not to concrete. upon arriving in belgium, we sat down and looked at where we could go and decided that it would have to be paris or london. since london seemed a little bit of a time problem, we chose paris. again.
This time, however, I felt like I enjoyed it much more. She and I had already seen all the sights, numerous times, so we wandered and talked and ate and looked and explored. It was nice to not have a set schedule. The weather was beautifull and the city was our oyster. The one thought that troubled me was, how do I ever start a conversation in this place? a weekend is all I really want to go without being able to talk to someone new. I did manage to find some very cheap bollywood videos, and since D has never been introduced to the joys of 3 hours of dancing and emoting, we will be watching one of them on thursday.
I've got pictures coming up on facebook, of week two, and I need to take more pictures of the base. most day's I've been cleaning toilets and I think that's it. on wednesday P, gave me the phone and I was on call duty untill I left on friday afternoon. tonight, I'm moving into T and E's place, what fun!
this next week will be full of meeting people and dinners and looking for libraries. I have a dinner date every night. makes me feel important!
one last thought, I was walking down brugstraat last night, coming back from the train station and I looked up at the sky, and realized that it was almost the same angle as from my old window. I used to sit there and pray. I almost cried, at the sense of familiarity and continuety I experienced. I had gotten so used to the feeling of being displaced, I thought I would always feel like that. but now I hope I can remember that there are places I feel at home in.
anyways. more on me later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home